The Mazamas IT overhaul is a complex project with many parts and pieces. The project can be summed up with the following high level objectives. The project will be complete when these six objectives are achieved.
- A web application that members and the public can use to interact with the Mazamas programs and services
- A visually appealing, streamlined, and easy-to-use Mazama website that is designed primarily as a marketing piece for individuals who are not familiar with the Mazamas (the website is the primary method of new and prospective member interaction with the organization)
- Faceted searching on a robust online calendar that includes all events, activities, and classes
- Centralized data system that can be accessed anywhere (data includes, but is not limited to: members, nonmembers, organizations, activities, courses, events, donors, training, volunteers)
- Tools for administrators to engage with Mazama members, community members, and organizations
- Elimination of clunky, disconnected, online and paper processes